Maintains the Credit Union’s accounting records and reports, ensuring they are in compliance with generally accepted accounting and financial practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control;
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records;
- Prepares income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports;
- Reconciles revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects and claim disbursements.
- Prepares daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Balance daily teller work;
- Analyzes financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures;
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures;
- Ensures that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations;
- Maintains GL reconciliations.
- Produces all management reports within prescribed time frames and with zero unresolved errors;
- Performs all month-end activities, including journal entries, balancing accounts, and producing financial statements;
- Produces assigned board meeting reports and distribute as needed, i.e., NCUA examiner, auditor, etc.
- Troubleshoots and resolves member and internal inquiries in a timely and accurate manner;
- Keeps management informed of key operating issues affecting the department;
· Provides service that aligns with PVFCU’s mission, vision, and corporate values.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience;
- A college degree;
- Must be proficient in the use of a Microsoft Office;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Good time management;
- Must demonstrate flexibility in taking advantage of internal and external resources available;
- Show willingness to provide back-up support in other departments/branches and ability to multi-task;
- Must be bondable, dependable and punctual.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.