- Experience with Cerner
- 2+ years of experience providing system support to clinical staff, or working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic health record.
- 2+ years of experience working with clinical workflows within an electronic health record.
- 2+ years of proven knowledge of clinical workflows and documented ability to provide excellent support to clinical staff.
- Knowledge of ambulatory/outpatient care environments and workflow processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to set priorities, schedule, and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy (use of computer technology to accomplish tasks) and information literacy(ability to recognize, locate, evaluate, and use information appropriately).
- Ability to effectively train others in the use of computers and related technologies.
- Strong communication skills, ability to translate most concepts to computer users and various levels of personnel from executives to end-users.
- Ability to create effective interpersonal relationships.
• The position performs clinical applications support duties with the clinicians
and staff providing patient care in the ambulatory clinic setting. These responsibilities include
the initial computer-based training and orientation of physicians and staff as well as the on-going
computer skills improvement and enhanced competency training associated with the clinical
applications. This position will participate in workflow design, development, and re-engineering as
upgrades, enhancement requests, and new regulations are presented. This position will participate
as assigned on project implementation teams; workflow documentation initiatives; and clinical
enhancement and optimization efforts. This position has primary responsibility for initial
problem triage and assignment, first call issue resolution, critical problem solving, and
collaborating/escalation with other IT support teams