Location : Camarillo, CA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Medical Equipment
Job Category : Accounting
Job Description :
Cost Accountant – Camarillo
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- 7+ years of experience with hands-on cost accounting experience required
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP) environment experience required
- Advanced Excel required
- Coordinate the development, annual review and accuracy of inventory standard cost components, e.g., material, labor, overhead
- Development and reporting of inventory related balance sheet reserves and allowances, e.g. inventory reserves, inter-company profit in stock, inventory in transit, warranty reserves and capitalization of inventory variances
- Cost of Goods Sold including:
o Analysis of costs and evaluation of factors contributing to purchasing and manufacturing variances to plan.
o Partnering with site operations to develop and review standards costs, bills of material, product margins & product cost performance.
o Responsible for developing cost reports and reporting on margins by product, customer and sales region.
o Support Operations to ensure effectiveness of the cycle counting program, accuracy and timeliness of monthly cycle counts and monthly cycle count metrics.
o Provide cost accounting support to strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting.
Required Qualifications :