Human Resources Specialist
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Not for Profit - Charitable
Job Category : Nonprofit
Job Description :
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for assisting with compliance, procedures and alignment across the companies human resource operations and culture that emphasizes a high level of engagement, quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and development, and high performance. The HR Specialist proactively communicates with the Vice President of HR, to keep HR and the organization apprised of any ongoing issues that require higher level attention and to ensure effective employee & client relations.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
HR Compliance Oversight:
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures across Federal, State and Local regulations including but not limited to EEOC, ADA, DOL, OSHA, I-9, new hire reporting, anti-harassment, and anti-discrimination.
- Keeps managers & supervisors informed of employment and labor regulations and best practices regarding compliance.
- Maintains personnel files and ensures the confidentiality of their content.
- Maintains separate I-9 files and maintenance of E-Verify.
- Effectively partners with other departments concerning eligibility, hours, pay, and other compliance issues.
- Monitors disposition of workers compensation claims, researches relevant laws, regulations, and ordinances on Federal, state, and local levels.
- Assist with transitional and permanent staff grievance process.
- Assist with payroll check distribution and staff inquiries
Pay Rate is $22.00 to $25.00/hr
Required Qualifications :
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- SHRM-CP or PHR HR Certification and/or 4+ years of direct experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State regulations to include but not limited to EEOC, ADA, DOL, and E-Verify.
- Proficiency with general office software (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook) and HRIS and timekeeping systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research and interpret state compliance documents and regulations
- Professional, personable, high energy and customer service-oriented.
- Demonstrated proficiency in handling confidential matters and external and internal inquiries with the highest degree of discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals with competing priorities.
- Committed to daily attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to effectively train and coach managers & supervisors on compliance and regulatory matters, some of whom have no prior supervisory experience.
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve programs in a timely manner.
- Ability to effectively read and interpret information and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Ability to be flexible, meet deadlines, establish priorities, and work independently with limited supervision.
- Possess a deep commitment to social services.
If interested Please Call or Text Cherry @ 818.878.8546