Infection Preventionist CIC
Infection Preventionist CIC for Hire
Protocol Agency is seeking an Infection Prevention Manager for a permanent position. This role develops, implements and promotes activities to minimize, eliminate and reduce risk of infection related exposures and infections in clients and employees. Strategies could include surveillance activities; policy development and revisions, based on regulations and evidenced based practices; and ongoing clinical/educational support of service offices.
- Provide infection prevention subject matter expertise support to our service offices
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant regulations, laws, accreditation standards and agency policies and assist in interpretation for development of Infection Prevention policies, procedures, practices.
- Facilitate on-going monitoring of the effectiveness of outcomes of infection prevention and control activities.
- Review and code submitted client infection reports quarterly and assist with analysis of infection prevention data and compilation of end of quarter reports.
- Candidate must be willing to drive between our two offices Riverside and San Diego
- Provide education and support to offices to perform investigations and develop plans of action for quarterly infection trends.
- Develop and update infection control policies and procedures and educational tools.
- Review work related infection related exposures/ incidents and provide education and support to service offices related to contagious disease, blood borne pathogen exposures and other exposures/incidents to reduce/ eliminate transmission risk and to prevent recurrence.
- Support company–wide CHAP, State and Federal survey processes as needed.
- Participate in committees /workgroups as needed to support Infection Prevention related projects or trainings throughout the organization.
- Develop, revise, and provide education and subject matter expertise to new clinical leaders in White Cap and ongoing through annual clinical leadership days.
- Support company wide annual Infection Prevention campaign.
Protocol Agency believes that our clients/employees are our greatest asset:
Client offers a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, vision, dental and medical health plans, employer paid life insurance, direct deposit and employee assistance program, educational allowances,401 K package
If interested Please Call/Text Seth Baxter @ (818)878.8613
Protocol Agency is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.
- Exemplifies characteristics of: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four (4) year college degree in Nursing and an active RN license in state of residence is required.
- Two (2) or more years' experience in Infection Prevention required.
- Minimum of (5) years' Acute Care/clinical experience with 2 or more years' experience in management, education, QI, or other similar support roles.
- Certified in Infection Control (CIC) is preferred; active member of local Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) chapter strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel between Riverside and San Diego offices
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with individuals and teams
- Self- motivated with a continued commitment to self - development
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) applications.