MSW or LCSW
Port Huron, Michigan is in need of a Social Worker to work in our Social Work Services department. Below is additional information regarding this position.
Term: Starting ASAP for approximately 16 to 18 Weeks (TBD)
Days: Various – 18 Hours Per Week
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Required Master Degree in Social Work related field OR.
- Current state license is required. (Michigan)
- Current BCLS (AHA) certificate.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience (Post Masters) with minimum 1 year of experience in healthcare system preferred.
- Experience in working with a diverse population with a wide range of problems.
Additional: Job Summary:
To provide emotional support, crisis intervention and counseling for Adolescents, Adults, Older Adults and their Significant Others to cope with a multiplicity of social and emotional problems; information and referral; referrals for financial assistance and supportive services to patients and families with problems that are related to hospitalization, illness, disability or trauma. To provide case management and milieu management, complete psychosocial assessments, assist in the development and re-evaluation of Treatment Plans and work as a member of a multidisciplinary team, and to coordinate discharge planning. Complete necessary documentation and maintain clinical record for each client during his/her length of stay.