Senior Internal Auditor
- Responsible for internal audits (compliance, operational, and financial) of all operations, supporting the external audit process
- Assist with establishing the company to be in a position for a SOX 404 environment.
- This role specifically will include the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of the company's control environment across all functions and regions of company and its affiliates/subsidiaries
- This role will collaborate with leadership teams of our business units and may perform special projects as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical ability, a strong understanding of financial accounting, strong communication and reporting writing skills, strong knowledge of internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) as well as strong project management and conflict resolution skills.
- Assist in establishing the company for a SOX 404 environment (e.g., ERP consolidation, GL implementation, order to Cash, etc.)
- Assist in annual scoping and selection exercises
- Assist in conducting annual risk assessments (general and financial)
- Assist with development of annual audit plan
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits for the full audit cycle
- Develop audit programs
- Test the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and document the results
- Perform walkthroughs for all processes and document the flow of information in a flowchart using MS Visio.
- Prepare detailed risk and control matrices (RCMs)
- Assist management in the design and implementation of efficient and effective internal controls, operating efficiency and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping
- Review and appraise policies and procedures for compliance with established internal policies and procedures and external regulations as well as safeguarding of all assets
- Recommend changes and improvements to audit procedures or policies, operations and financials
- Perform periodic reviews of auditing processes and procedures for internal and external firms
- Summarize audit findings and value-add recommendations (derived from root-cause analysis) based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, nonscheduled audits and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management
- Monitor issues and action plan closure/remediation and conduct follow up reviews of financial, operational or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention
- Serve as a liaison with outside auditors and regulatory examiners
- Prepare written and verbal reports of audit results and activities to be presented to the Audit Committee by the Director of Internal Audit
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the company
- Exhibit proactiveness, attention to detail, sound project and time management skills
If interested Please Call or Text Drew @ 818.878.8613
Protocol is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Experience & Education
- 2 – 4 years of experience in audit role required
- Four-year degree (BA/BS) in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred (can be inactive)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designations considered a plus