Location : Irvine, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3
Required Education : Bachelor's in Accounting or Fiance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Category : Accounting
Job Description :
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for accurate input of data provided by Property Managers
- Review all leases and related accounting lease abstract forms
- Enter tenant abstracts and move in/out tenants
- Process security deposit receipts, forfeits, applications and refunds
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Responsible for ensuring monthly mortgage or other recurring monthly payments are processed timely – avoiding any penalties for late payment
- Process property taxes to ensure the accurate and timely payment of amounts due
- Review rent rolls and make adjustments as needed
- Review preliminary monthly reports and make adjustments as needed
- Generate, review and reconcile Cumulus reports to Skyline rent rolls and general ledgers making adjustments as needed
- Review property manager narratives and make changes as needed
- Prepare financial statements – cash or accrual
- Prepare and enter journal entries – standard, recurring, reversing, adjusting, reclassing, accruals, etc.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly financial statements
- Review and approve vendor invoices for property number, coding, description and approvals through AvidXchange on a weekly basis and as needed
- Maintain cash balances as directed by controller
- Prepare and compile cash flows reconciling to current cash balance
- Calculate Partners Preferred Returns and reconcile with capital account balances as needed
- Calculate distributions to Partners
- Prepare check requests for owner distributions as needed
- Prepare and process monthly fees due – including management fees and asset management fees
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly, including WIP, tenant improvements, lease commissions, and accounts receivable balances
- Assist in the review, analysis and collection of Dolphin Partners Accounts Receivable – including but not limited to:
- Payroll Reimbursements
- Management Fees
- Lease Commissions
- Construction Management Fees
- Prepare year-end tax packages
- Review, update and upload annual property budgets
- May be assigned special projects as needed
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 to 5 years of Property Management Accounting experience.
- Microsoft Office with intermediate Excel skills. Skyline experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and has the ability to work with all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Willingness to multi-task, embrace change and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Demonstrate initiative and professionalism.
- Detail oriented, highly self-motivated, positive team-player attitude, and ability to work with minimal supervision.